Good Life

Good Life

Monday, August 15, 2011

Entry # 6: Violence in the US


Louisiana police: Father confesses to decapitating special-needs son as reported in CNN.

How sick is that? I mean what world do we live in? I was baffled when I read this article just 5 min ago. What has a special needs kid do that was so terrible for his own father to get a hacksaw and decapitate him? I mean enough with the constant violence already! You know, I thought I’ve seen some messed up stuff growing up in Africa but let me tell you: I’ve never seen or witness so much troubling acts of violence anywhere else but in the US. I thought that with all the laws put in place to protect our lives, crimes would deter but it seems like they are not preventing anything. The laws only come in the picture during sentencing phases. They do not prevent crimes in the US.I mean there is no way someone in that child’s life did not notice any suspicious activity going on that household. There is no way that child was not abused by that monster. There is no way he just got up one morning and decided to physically harm his son. We can’t just rely on our laws to protect us. We need to look out for each other and watch each other’s back. I’m sick and tired of the craziness going on in the US.

Resources

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/15/louisiana.child.killing/index.html?hpt=hp_t2


No comments:

Post a Comment