Good Life

Good Life

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What is a good story



A short story is the combination of art, the quality of the plot, the description of the characters and the structural features the writer uses to tell the story. The ability of the writer to make the reader experience all sort of mixed feelings is crucial in deciding whether a story is good or not. I read some stories that really left me wondering if the author even wanted a reader like me in his audience because I just couldn't relate to any of the things he tried to deliver to me. It was just as if I was sitting in a conference room, being lectured to, for hours and hours. That's how bad it is when the writer doesn't put much effort into expressing his/her thoughts.
The story also need to have some plausible events that the reader can comfortably relate to. The writer also have the option to include multiple endings to his/her story, empowering the reader to decide on the fate of the story's characters. Once you reach that level of story writing, you've just accomplished a masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment